The SEND budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below. This is monitored each term by the IEB.
This is used to support young people with SEND by helping to support the creation of the following:
- a supportive curriculum that is responsive to need.
- A room for those who need this support during social time
- training of staff to ensure quality first teaching
- student group interventions
- emotional, social, behavioural support programmes
- additional specialist support with post 16 careers/training decisions.
- specialist group support from outside agencies
- specific individual support for children whose learning needs are severe and/or complex
- specialist equipment to support and enhance learning
- mentoring and counselling
- a broad range of extra-curricular activities
- differentiated materials.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
A Costed Provision Map will be developed in liaison with the child, young person, parent or carer.